Summer??? How many more days?

We have one more half day with the kiddos and then a check-out day.
Yesterday was Literacy Camp Day. It was not suppose to rain...but it did. This is the first time we have had to have it inside. Luckily we have an empty classroom we could set everything up in. 
We had tents of:
Non-Fiction
Informational
Writing
Fiction Writing
Non-Fiction Writing
Fairy Tales
Dr. Seuss
I am sure there are more. The first and second graders made them all up.



They took their shoes off and lined them all up.
So cute!


I don't know how many tents there were!


All Literacy Tents!


The kiddos even got to look at their yearbooks in the informational tent.



And then we had two Mystery Readers!!!
The first is my daughter and the second is our principal.

We had so much fun!
I can't wait to do it next year!

Have a wonderful day!!!


9 comments

  1. This sounds SUPER cute. Can you elaborate more on this? I would love to know more.

    Thanks,
    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually set up outside. We have so much room. We go out by our school garden we have planted and hang out for the morning. The kiddos choose literacy "tents" they would like to have (different genres and types of writing). They get to move freely the whole time (within reason). Some just sit on blankets, some really get into it with big tents. We wanted to have a pretend campfire so the kids could sit around it and look at their yearbooks, but we were inside this year.
      If you have any more questions I would love to chat sometime. :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I want to be in one of those tents, reading!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the literacy tent ideas. I'm sure the kids had a blast!

    MrsMc
    Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love the literacy tents! I think I have some things on my blog you may like so feel free to stop by and join especially since I'm doing a giveaway very soon!!!

    Kate :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top